Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Weddings

I never realized how complicated and expensive weddings were until I got engaged. Three years later, I have a beautiful Vera Wang dress in my closet and sometimes I wasn't sure if I could ever afford to wear that beautiful gown. 

How much do people on average spend on weddings? 

According to costofwedding.com "On average, US couples spend $25,656 for their wedding. However, the majority of couples spend between $19,242 and $32,070."

Wow that would mean divided up monthly, for the average that is, equals $2,138 if you were to save one year. 

For most people that is a whole months worth of income. So how do we cut the costs? How do we have a great wedding without paying all the money?

For one: Make your cake, how many times have you gone to a wedding and seen the gorgeous cake just to take a bite and have it taste like cardboard? Choose quality over how it looks. 

Two: Make your own center pieces sometimes you can find great deals at Michaels or Joann Fabrics on all different materials. Theknot.com has a lot of information about everything weddings, you can see what center pieces there are and make them on your own. It also adds a creative touch when people know you made it yourself.

Three: As far as venues go some places are online at theknot.com and they show pictures of the venue to give you an idea, and some places offer catering deals if you go to them. 

Most things can be homemade, the most expensive things would be probably the dresses, venue, and tuxedos. An article that I recently found really made me happy to know that a successful wedding could happen with a small budget. 




Big suggestion is this site, they give you great ideas and can help you organize everything pretty easily.


Feel free to comment or follow me on Twitter let me know what you think, I love hearing opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment